LIFE AT MFG
Here at MFG, we have a friendly, open and honest culture which is based on mutual trust and respect. We are very proud of what we do and are continually striving to be better. At MFG, we encourage our people to take responsibility, embrace change and challenge the norms. We recognize the strength of teamwork and we celebrate our successes together. Our people are rewarded fairly for their efforts, recognising the valuable contribution that everyone makes to our business.
Our values capture the essence of our business – how we behave and who we are. Values bind us together and define us, both to each other and to the outside world. Above all, our values need to be true and at the heart of everything we do.
- Passionate about what we do
- Performance driven
- Profit orientated
- Team players
- Customer focused
Message from our CEO
“MFG supports the growth of its people to ensure that we have the capabilities ‘To be the UK’s most dynamic and profitable independent forecourt operator’.
Employee development is integral to our success and is one of the most crucial ways for our business to improve its overall performance. We want all our employees to realise their potential and to enable high achievers to maximise their progression within the business. I encourage everyone to consider the development opportunities available to them and to take ownership for stretching their own knowledge and skills to help support their personal growth.”
Learning and Development
We are a growing business and take learning and development seriously. We are committed to help our employees develop the necessary skills and knowledge to perform effectively and to fulfil their potential using a variety of training and development interventions.
We offer competitive pay and benefits to ensure we attract and retain the most talented people and we recognise high performing employees.
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Review
- Minimum annual entitlement of 22 days Annual Leave, plus eight bank holidays increasing with length of service
- Company Sick Pay
- Private Healthcare
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Discretionary Bonus
- Driving for Performance Awards
- Support for Professional Qualifications
- Buy and Sell Holiday Scheme
- Salary Exchange Pension Scheme
- Discount Platform
We believe that every employee should know how they are performing and that they aware of the level of performance expected of them in their role. All employees will receive two performance appraisals per year and agree a set of objectives that they will be measured against. Performance reviews are one of the inputs into the end of year compensation review.
We believe in providing an inclusive working environment where everyone is treated fairly. We recognise that employing people from different backgrounds is a real advantage to our business.
Health and Safety
The safety of all of our people is one of our main priorities and we are very proud of our Health and safety record.
Work for Us
Do you want to be part of an innovative and growing organisation?
We want to hear from talented, dedicated individuals with bags of enthusiasm to help us fulfil our mission of being the UK’s most dynamic and profitable independent forecourt operator.
Recruitment Data Processing Statement
We hold the personal information candidates provide to us during our recruitment activities for selection and verification purposes. During the recruitment cycle, we may ask you to provide some personal information for these purposes. In particular, the information will enable us to determine your suitability for work with MFG, confirm details of your previous employments and to comply generally with our legal obligations regarding our recruitment processes and right to work checks. Occasionally, the information we hold may include sensitive data relating to your health and data held for equal opportunities monitoring purposes. Since we require all these details from you in order to carry out all the above objectives, you are obliged to provide the necessary information. It is however appreciated that you may consider some information to be particularly sensitive, and you will be informed when replies are not obligatory.
The company may from time to time need to make some of the information available to legal and regulatory authorities (such as to Customs), and lawyers.
Your data will be retained in alignment with the company data retention policy. Unless you have previously requested or given permission for MFG to keep details of your application (including CV, letters, application forms, interview notes, any selection test details) on file, your information relating to your application and the selection process will be deleted 6 months after you have been notified of the outcome of your application.
Below are vacancies for head office and field employees. If you would like to run your own business from one of our sites as a contract manager, then please click here.
Purchase Ledger Clerk
The Purchase Ledger Clerk role is responsible for the timely and accurate preparation and loading of all invoices and credit notes onto the ledger, the allocation of all payments and the reconciliation of supplier statements to the ledger.
The Purchase Ledger Clerk reports to the Finance Operations Controller and is required to effectively communicate and co-ordinate with, Regional Managers, Accounts Department, senior MFG Management, and all other head office departments and personnel.
The Purchase Ledger Clerk will assist the accounts department as required with various ad hoc financial accounting, analytical and reporting tasks. The Purchase Ledger Clerk may also be required to assist other departments with financial and administrative activities from time to time.
In the medium term, the Purchase Ledger Clerk should be looking to take a more active role in the development of the Purchase Ledger. In particular, in improving the efficiency and timeliness of data and the flow of information.
The Purchase Ledger Clerk will become responsible for suggesting improvements to and developing aspects of the Purchase Ledger process and SAGE 200 set up. Key areas for improvement are with respect to the streamlining and automation of processes. The Purchase Ledger Clerk should also develop Sage 200 skills.
The Purchase Ledger Clerk should also develop accounting skills and practical skills through the shadowing of other Finance Department members and covering essential roles through periods of sickness or annual leave.
Commercial Manager, Fuels
The successful candidate will in conjunction with the Fuels Director be involved in negotiating fuel supply across the country and will be a senior manager in the Fuels team with responsibility for direct day to day management of the fuel pricing team and support of the fuel planning team The Commercial Manager, Fuels reports to the Fuels Director and is required to effectively communicate and co-ordinate with third party suppliers and contractors, other senior MFG management, accounts department and all other head office departments and personnel. This role will be predominantly office based at the modern, open plan Head Office in St Albans, Hertfordshire.
Area Retail Manager
We are always looking for hardworking, dedicated individuals to join the largest independent forecourt operator in the UK.
If you would like to come and work for us please register your interest now!!
The Reconciliations Supervisor is responsible for managing a team of reconciliations analysts to deliver accurate reconciliation and review of various Sales Ledgers and Bank accounts within the business on a day to day basis. This includes prioritisation of workload, setting achievable but stretching targets and creating a positive team culture.
The Reconciliations Supervisor reports to the Reconciliations and Analysis Manager and is required to effectively communicate and co-ordinate with Credit Card Co’s, Regional Managers, Accounts Department, senior MFG management, and all other head office departments and personnel.
The Reconciliations Supervisor will set the assist the accounts department as required with various ad hoc financial accounting, analytical and reporting tasks.
The Financial Accountant role is responsible for assisting with the co-ordination and management of the finance function and also for various month end accounting tasks and activities. Additionally the incumbent will be required to assist in the process of building control through a rapidly growing business and identifying efficiencies throughout the department.
• Manage key balance sheet and P&L accounts and assume responsibility for all financial accounting entries and operational queries relating to those areas.
• Support month-end and year-end close process
• Support with preparation of returns to HMRC including VAT returns
• Support with preparation of interest calculations and liaise with relationship banks
• Daily cash reporting and forecasting
• Assist treasury function and provide annual leave cover
• Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
• Support development of best practice
• Updating policies and procedures in line with legislation
• Perform other ad hoc duties as required (for accounts and other departments)
Area Retail Manager
• To ensure that all stations are operated in accordance with the Company’s Health & Safety policies to create a safe environment for staff and customers.
• To collate, investigate and communicate any incident information in line with internal procedures.
• Manage communications in line with company policy – in relation to external agencies. Example- Press
• To ensure the security of the Company’s property.
• To carry out monthly fuel audits at each station in order to ensure the correct payments of monies and security of the Company’s fuel stocks.
• To carry out regular Shop, Forecourt and Food Services Reviews at each station to ensure that they are operating within the Company’s policies and procedures and to their maximum potential and flag any issues with appropriate management as required.
Retail Development Manager
• Deliver effective and consistent retail store layout plans and merchandising implementation on time and to company standards
• Deliver the retail offer right first time in the MFG new space and development programme
• Manage and ensure competitive cost-effective quotes for all refresh projects
• Project manage equipment suppliers to achieve deadlines
• Manage wholesale merchandisers to deliver projects to agreed standards
• Ensure strong communication of the Retail development programme to all internal and external partners